India has a well defined substantive and procedural laws along with a well-established system of judicial enforcement of rights. India has a three tier system of judiciary, which includes District Courts, at the first tier. At the second tier, each state in India has a High Court which has the appellate and supervisory jurisdiction over all the district courts and tribunals in such state. The Supreme Court of India which is at the third tier, is the highest court of justice in India having appellate and supervisory jurisdiction over all High Courts in the country and it is the highest authority for all tribunals and all other authorities.
Litigation is of two types, Civil and Criminal and there is subdivision in these two types.
Civil Cases - Civil cases mostly involves disputes between persons or organizations.A civil case begins when a person or entity claims that another person or entity has failed to carry out a legal duty owed. In these cases generally court tell the parties to fulfill the duty, or make compensation for the harm done, or both.
Criminal Cases -Criminal cases involve an action that is considered to be harmful for the entire society. The criminal procedure applies to the process where the state or government is arresting and trying someone for a crime that was committed.in these cases punishment is given to the wrongdoers, or fine may be imposed.
What is Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)?
ADR is the procedure for settling disputes without litigation, such as arbitration, mediation, or negotiation. ADR procedures are usually less costly and speedier.
ADR comprises of:
ARBITRATION – This process can be only started if there is a valid arbitration agreement between the parties. Any party to the dispute can start the process of appointing arbitrator and if the other party does not cooperate, the party can approach the office of Chief Justice for appointment of an arbitrator.
CONCILIATION - Conciliation is a less formal form of arbitration. This process does not require an existence of any prior agreement. Any party can request the other party to appoint a conciliator.
MEDIATION – It is a form of ADR which aims to assist two (or more) disputants in reaching an agreement.The parties themselves determine the conditions of any settlements reached— rather than accepting something imposed by a third party.
Litigation is of two types basically civil and criminal and there is subdivision in these two types.
We have expertise in all kind of litigation and dispute resolution, arbitration and mediation. We as a firm make strategic decisions and advise our clients realistically on each and every case. Our team works jointly to ensure that clients are provided with in-depth and sector specific advice and solutions.
- We handle matrimonial disputes such as Divorce proceedings,Restitution of Conjugal rights, Judicial Separation and Dowry cases.We also represent clients in Maintenance and Child Custody petitions.
- We handle partition suits, suits for declaration and permanent injunction, cancellation of sale deeds and also represent clients before Courts in matters related to land acquisition.
- We represent clients before different Labour Courts, Labour Commissioner, Industrial Tribunals, Central Administrative Tribunals, etc and also handle Writ petitions relating to labour related matters.
- We file petitions before different Courts for obtaining Succession Certificate, probate of will.We also handle motor accident claims before Motor Accident Claim Tribunals and also insurance claims, personal injury claims.
- We handle recovery of money suits including summary suits and also represent clients in matters pertaining to recovery of immovable property, movable property.
- We assist clients before District Consumer Dispute Redressal Forum, State Commission as well as National Commission in all matters pertaining to deficiency in goods and services, medical negligence cases.
- We draft and handle winding up petitions,bankruptcy petitions and petitions under mismanagement and oppression, disputes related to Mergers and Acquisitions. We also represent clients in bankruptcy proceedings.We represent clients before Debt Recovery Tribunal (DRT), Debt Recovery Appellate Tribunal.
- We handle matters related to tax evasion,disputes related to insider trading, evasion of corporate taxes, embezzlement and misappropriation of funds , financial & securities, healthcare and insurance fraud etc.
- We draft and present petitions for quashing of FIR’s.we also handle bail applications, appeals, interim applications, revision petitions, application for suspension of sentence etc.
- We assist and handle cases of frauds related to credit cards, phone and telemarketing, cyber-crimes and other kind of frauds on the internet.We also handle disputes related to different kinds of fraud and forgery matters.
- We draft and present petitions related to cheque bounce cases under section 138 of Negotiable Instrument Act.
- We assist & advice in suits for embezzlement and misappropriation of funds, FEMA violations, cheating and violation of foreign exchange rules & regulations.
- We handle cases related to Cyber Laws, data theft and piracy laws
Our expertise covers Consumer Litigation; Civil Litigation; Criminal Litigation and also covers Licensing, Arbitration, Legal Metrology, Writs, SLPs, Public Interest Litigation etc
Our team also deals in matter related too insurance, aviation, infrastructure, consumer disputes, competition, telecom, employment, corporate, maritime, banking and finance, real estate, intellectual property rights, white collar offences related disputes.